- Completed application packets, including all requested paperwork, must be returned to the school office or done online. It is recommended that the application be submitted as soon as possible.
- You will receive written acknowledgment of the completion of your application with a confirmation of your child’s testing date and time. All children whose families have submitted completed applications will be tested.
- Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten and 1st Grade applicants will be scheduled for individual testing, which begins in February. Transitional Kindergarten applicants must be 4 years old by September 1 of the school year. Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years of age by September 1. First grade applicants must be 6 years of age by September 1.
- Applicants for 2nd through 8th grades will be tested and interviewed in February of the current school year.
- In the event that there are no openings for a particular grade, the child will be tested for placement on the waiting list.
- You will be notified by email of the school’s decision regarding your application
To apply for admission to St. Joseph Elementary School, we require the following:
- Application for Admission
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Photocopy of Baptismal Certificate (if applicable)
- If applying for Grades 1-4, a photocopy of child’s latest Report Card; or, if applying for Grades 5, 6, 7, or 8, photocopies of Report Cards for the previous three school years
- A non-refundable Application and Testing Fee of $75.00. You may pay online with your online application or a check should be made payable to “St. Joseph Elementary School.” The payment of this fee does not guarantee acceptance.
- Your child’s current school must submit the “School Recommendation” form directly to St. Joseph Elementary School.
The school office must receive all of the above items, except #4 for students entering Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten for the first time, before your application is considered complete and can be processed.
Entrance Requirements, the Admissions Priority Policy, and other admissions information are included in the Admissions Application.
If you have any questions about Admissions, please email Carla VanDerveer at email@example.com. We will be happy to help answer your questions.