Classroom and Course Overview
Dear St. Joseph Families,
Welcome to 7 th Grade Algebra! This syllabus is a general overview of what we will work on throughout the year, along with classroom expectations, required materials and classwork policies.
Daily Format/Student Outcomes and Expectations:
- Go over Classwork
- Take notes/Binder
- *Group Challenges/Vocab.
- End of class: Your turn or Exit task
- End of Class: OR, Start Classwork/Homework*Not every day
- Tests, Quizzes and Assessments
- Daily tasks, Exit tasks, Your Turn
- Vocabulary List
The classwork will be given out daily. All students will corrected and score each others work in class. Students are responsible for their own bi-weekly classwork packet. Daily tasks and binders will be graded intermittently. At the end of each chapter students turn in their vocabulary list and they will be tested on the chapter lessons.
(The following minimum 5 sections are necessary for the binder)
- Daily Tasks 2. Projects 3. Vocabulary 4. Quizzes 5.Binder and Graph paper
Projects occur at least once a semester. All relevant work is kept in the Project section of the binder.
Daily tasks consists of students everything that the students are during class on binder paper that is kept in the binder—except for projects. Daily tasks are warmups, partner problems, and notes. Handouts and homework can be kept in a separate folder if that is more convienient.
Test and Assessments occur at least three to four times each unit. All tests must be signed by parent and returned. When returned, all tests, quizzes, assessments, and vocabulary lists must be kept in the proper section of the binder. I will also keep a copy of the tests.
Pop quizzes should be expected at any time. Random Binder checks can also occur.
California Common Core State Standards for Math:
California CoCommon Core State textbooks have not yet been allocated, students assignments will be largely based upon what students do during class or from homework math textbook, and handouts
Common Core State Standard Main Site:
Class Materials/Supply List:
College ruled binder paper, graph paper (1/4 inch), pencils/pen, erasers, scissors, 3x5 index cards, protractor, compass, ruler, 4-5 thin highlighters, colored pencils,
3 ring binder, calculator (for your on personal use).
You have 2 days to make up your homework.
The student is considered tardy if the is not in line at morning assembly when the bell rings. Student will need to get a tardy slip from the office.
- Only water in class
- Absolutely no gum on school grounds
- No electronics on school grounds. Cell phones are an exception; however, if seen or heard on school ground it will be taken and a parent will need to come a pick it up.
- No eating during class.
- Any writing on desk or defacing school property will be reported. You will clean all desk in class and you may be fined.
- Profanity and abusive manners will not be tolerated at all.
- Be respect to and mindful of others at all times.
- Pick up after yourself, or you will clean the room after school.
Classroom Management Policy:
-Students are to remain respectful and follow all school rules in the student handbook, at all times. If the school rules are broken, students could a Academic Behavioral Contract (ABC) will be given. Three ABC’s a trimester warrants a parent/teacher conference.