Welcome to 6th grade math! This syllabus is a general overview of what we will work on throughout the year, along with classroom expectations and policies. To help you have a successful year, it is important that you adhere to the rules and procedures of the student handbook and the classroom.
Daily Classroom Procedures:
- Review homework
The following 5 sections are necessary for the binder:
- Warm-ups 2. Notes 3. Quizzes/Tests 4. Homework/Projects 5. Graded work
Warm-ups will be given out daily and collected on Fridays.
Classwork and homework:
- All classwork and homework will be done in pencil.
- Headings should be at the upper right hand corner and need to include the following:
Name and number
Page number and problem number
Any work with no name or number will not be accepted.
- Show your work for each problem and circle or box the answer
- All questions should at least be attempted and be given your best effort.
Test Signature Policy
- Homework will be given out daily. You are expected to complete all assignments on time.
- Points will be deducted for each day that the assignment is late, up to two days. After two days from the due date, you will receive a zero, unless prior arrangements have been made with me.
- In order for a late/missing assignment to be turned in for credit, a “Missing/Late Homework” form must be completed, signed by your parent/guardian, and stapled to the assignment when it is turned in.
- You have one day per missed school day to turn in missed assignments. It is your responsibility to get your missing assignments from your teachers.
You have two school days to get graded tests signed by your parent/guardian and return to your teacher.
- Formative – assignments that show the formation of your learning (warm-ups, homework, classwork, participation & effort): 20%
- Summative – assignments that show the summary of your learning (tests, quizzes, and projects): 80%
Tardiness: You are considered tardy if you are not in line at morning assembly when the bell rings at 7:50am. You will need to get a tardy slip from the office.
Technology: Phones, iPods, iPads, computers, and other forms of technology will only be used in the classroom when permission is given.
Discipline Policy: You are expected to follow all school rules in the student handbook and be positive, respectful, and contributing members of the class at all times.