|BENCHMARKS THAT HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED FOR GRADES K-2
Students in grades K-2 at Saint Joseph Elementary will be able to:
- Use a keyboard
- Use a mouse
- Open applications
- Use age-appropriate educational software such as Raz-Kids and Mathletics.
- Follow the rules of the computer lab.
- Type a paragraph using Microsoft Word
- Log into a network.
- Use a digital camera.
- Turn on the computer.
- Shut down the computer properly.
- Complete course 1 (K), 2 (1st Grade), and 3 (2nd Grade) of Code.org’s Code Studio.
|BENCHMARKS THAT HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED FOR GRADES 3-5
Students in grades 3-5 at Saint Joseph Elementary will be able to:
Ethical Use of Technology
- Discuss common uses of technology in daily lives
- Keyboard at least 15 wpm (3rd), 20 wpm (4th), and 25 wpm (5th).
- Create basic page layout using columns and textboxes
- Insert images into document.
- Understand concepts and spreadsheets.
- Complete course 4 (3rd) and course 5 (4th) of Code.org’s Code Studio.
- Verbally explain what copyright is, and how it affects them at school.
- Understand the difference between ethical work and plagiarized work.
- Discuss responsible and irresponsible uses of technology.
- Send email to specific person
- Reply to email from specific person
- Email etiquette.
- Use a rubric to assist in creating a project.
- Create storyboards for projects.
- Use completed projects during oral presentations.
|BENCHMARKS THAT HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED FOR GRADES 6-8
Students in grades 6-8 at Saint Joseph Elementary will be able to:
- Analyze advantages/disadvantages of widespread use and reliance on technology in the workplace and in society. How has technology improved or worsened things?
- Use Google Drive to collaborate with others outside of school.
- Keyboard at least 30 wpm (6th), 35 wpm (7th), and 40 wpm (8th).
With the reconstruction of the tech lab, the focus was acquiring devices and software that would promote our students ability to create, design, and share. With that in mind, students in grades 6-8 will:
- Create, design, and build a project for their Google 20 Year project.
Middle School Signature Projects
- Public Service Announcement Video (6th Grade)
- Digital Storybook (7th Grade)
- Human Dignity Documentary (8th Grade)