February 27, 2017
February 27, 2017
- Good morning and welcome to the 3rd and final Trimester of our school year!
- Ash Wednesday Mass on Wednesday at 8:00am.
- Mass on Friday followed by Town Hall and please get Cris your SK names by Thursday.
- Minimum Day staff meeting on Friday at 12:30.
- Quotes of the Week from This week’s Marshall Memo
“We have the chance to transform the course of our lives. Doing so will mean discovering the heroism of the incremental.” Atul Gawande
“If students left the classroom before teachers have made adjustments to their teaching on the basis of what they have learned about students achievement, then they are already playing catch-up. If teachers do not make adjustments before students come back the next day, it is probably too late.”
Dylan Wiliam, 2007
“As servant leaders, teacher leaders understand that their belief in others’ capabilities and conveying that belief in words and actions will result in ordinary people accomplishing extraordinary things.”
Joellen Killion, Cindy Harrison, Amy Colton, Chris Bryan, Ann Delehant, and Debbie
Cooke, the brain’s active processing capacity is finite, so unless knowledge is encoded in long-term memory, having to search for it actually crowds out other forms of cognition. Knowing things helps you think and read successfully.”
“Talking about music is like dancing about architecture.” Steve Martin
“Let us dedicate ourselves to what the Greeks wrote so many years ago: to tame the savageness of man and make gentle the life of this world.” Robert F. Kennedy, 1968 address immediately after Martin Luther King’s assassination
- Fat Tuesday celebration tomorrow and thanks Linda for steering and ALL for helping out!
- Have a nice day and week with your kids and God bless you!